- 8 slices of bacon, chopped
- 2 large onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 4 cups of milk
- 1 cup 35% heavy whipping cream (1 tasse de lait supplémentaire)
- 2 tablespoons of cornmeal
- 4 ears corn, kernels removed or 4 cups of frozen corn
1 bunch of parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the bacon in a soup pot over medium-high heat until it is crisp and brown.
- Drain away about half of the fat in the pot then stir in the onions and celery.
- Sauté for a few minutes until the aromatic vegetables soften.
- Add the milk and cream and heat through.
- Sprinkle in the cornmeal and stir well until the soup thickens slightly, about ten minutes.
- Add the corn and continue cooking just long enough to heat it through.
- Taste then season as needed with salt and pepper.
Stir in the parsley just before serving.