- 1 teaspoon corn flour
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 6 egg white
- 8 ounces fine sugar
- 1 ounce toasted flaked almonds
- 150 millilitres 35% cream
- 200 millilitres thick Greek yoghurt (yogourt Liberté)
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- 8 ounces fresh blueberries
- 8 ounces strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit
- Line a large rectangular baking tray with parchment paper and sprinkle with icing sugar. In a small bowl mix together the cornstarch, vinegar and vanilla essence.
- In a separate, clean bowl beat the egg whites with a hand beater until stiff peaks form. Whisk in the sugar a tablespoon at a time. Once the sugar is added, slowly add the cornflour mixture and beat until the mixture is glossy and stiff. Pour the meringue mixture onto the parchment paper and spread it around evenly. Sprinkle the toasted almonds over the top. Bake the meringue in the oven for 40 to 50 minutes until it is crisp on the outside but still soft in the middle. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile beat the cream until stiff. Add the yoghurt and the icing sugar and fold them together. Cut the strawberries into halves or quarters if large and fold half of them into the cream. Fold in half of the blueberries.
- Lay out a clean tea towel and dust it with icing sugar. Turn out the meringue on to the cloth. Carefully peel off the parchment paper. Close to one end of the meringue and then down its length lay a generous quantity of cream and fruit across it, leaving half an inch at either side so that the filling does not squeeze out.
- Using the tea towel, roll the meringue into a roulade and put it on a serving plate. Decorate with any extra cream and fruit and the remaining fruit. Serve with a fruit coulis.