- 4 tablespoons (2 ounces) unsalted butter
1 cupgranulated sugar (3/4 tasse)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 2 medium-size ripe bananas, mashed (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour or traditional whole wheat flour
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until they’re smooth.
- Scrape the bowl down, then beat in the eggs, spices, banana, and milk.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients, then gently stir them into the butter-sugar mixture.
- Spoon the batter into 12 lightly greased muffin cups. Bake the muffins for 20 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven, and after 10 minutes turn them out the pan to cool.