Preparation time: 7 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons grape seed oil (huile d’olive)
- 1 tablespoon ginger, chopped
- 1/2 an onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pinch of freshly ground pepper
- 1 tomato, chopped (1 c. à table de pâte de tomate)
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 (3/4) cup water
- 1 small cauliflower, cut into bite sized florets
- Place oil in a large non-stick skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Add the onion and ginger and cook for 4 minutes.
- Stir in the spices and salt and pepper and toast for 15 seconds and then add tomatoes (pâte de tomate), sweet potatoes and water. Bring to a boil and then turn down the heat and cook until they are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and stir well. Place a tight fitting lid on the pan and cook until the cauliflower is tender-crisp, about 5 to 8 minutes.