Note: Peut être fait dans 12 moules à muffins.
- 1 cup (4 1/4 ounces)
King Arthur UnbleachedAll-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup (4 3/4 ounces) yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon (3/8 ounce) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) milk, whole, skim or 2%, your choice
- 1/4 cup (2 1/2 ounces) maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) melted butter
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat your oven to 425°F. Lightly grease or oil an 8 x 8-inch square or 9-inch round baking pan.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt until thoroughly combined.
- In a small bowl, or in a large measuring cup, whisk together the milk, maple syrup, melted butter and eggs.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and bake the cornbread for about 20 to 25 minutes, until it’s lightly browned and a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove it from the oven, and serve it warm with butter and additional maple syrup, or with a main dish — red beans and rice are nice!