Note: Essayer de faire cuire le gâteau à 325 F pendant 40 minutes au lieu de 30 minutes à 350 F. Le gâteau était bien doré, mais pas assez cuit au centre.
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup lightly toasted pine nuts*
- 1/4 cup untoasted pine nuts
- icing sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease a 9-inch springform pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- * To toast pine nuts, spread them on a parchment-lined baking tray and bake them for 10 minutes in a 350 F oven. Cool before using.
- Whip the granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs and egg white by hand or in a mixer fitted with the whip attachment until pale and doubled in volume.
- Whisk in the oil, lemon zest and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour and salt. Add this to the egg mixture and stir just until blended.
- Stir in the toasted pine nuts and scrape the batter into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the top of the cake with the untoasted pine nuts and bake for about 40 minutes, until the top of the cake is a rich golden brown, with slightly darker golden edges.
- Cool the cake in the pan before turning out to serve. Dust with icing sugar before serving.