Donne : 12 muffins
- 2 1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- coarse white sparkling sugar for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Line a muffin tin with papers, and grease the papers.Beurrer les moules à muffins.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, then set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar with a hand-held or stand mixer, until light, fluffy, and almost white in color. Start the mixer at low speed until the ingredients are incorporated, then gradually increase speed to medium-high until the desired color and texture are reached.
- Scrape down the bowl to make sure all the butter is incorporated, then add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla and sour cream or yogurt, and mix until incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix on low speed just until the batter is smooth. It will be thick.
- Fold in the berries by hand.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin cups, using a heaping 1/4-cup for each. Sprinkle with regular granulated or coarse white sugar, if desired.
- Bake the muffins for 18 to 24 minutes, until a cake tester inserted in the center of one comes out clean. Remove them from the oven, cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove the muffins from the pan to finish cooling on a rack.