Source: Livre The King Arthur Flour Cookie Company, The essentiel cookie cookbook
Note : Je n’ai pas mis de raisins secs.
Donne : 36 carrés
- 2 cups dried Turkish or Calimyrna figs, stems removed, snipped into quarters
- 1 cups raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated rind (zest)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts ou pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a 9 X 9-inch or 7 X 11-inch pan.
To make the filling
- In a small saucepan, combine the figs, raisins, spice, salt, orange juice, orange zest and water.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the water is absorbed and mixture has tickened somewhat.
- Remove the pan from the heat and set aside to cool while you prepare the crust. If the mixture is too chunky for your taste, purée some or all of it.
To make the crust
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the melted butter, stirring until everything is well combined.
To assemble the bars
- Press 2 1/2 cups of the crust misture into the prepared pan, smoothing it out to completely cover the bottom of the pas, with no gaps showing.
- Spread the filling on the crust.
- Add the walnuts to the remaining crust mixture and sprinkle it over the filling.
- Bake the squares for
3025 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool before cutting into 1 1/2-inch squares.