Donne 12 muffins
- 1/2 cup (1 stick, 4 ounces) butter
- 1 cup (7 ounces) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (8 1/2 ounces) King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (10 to 12 ounces) cherries, pitted, coarsely chopped, and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) slivered almonds, lightly toasted
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- granulated sugar
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Sift together dry ingredients and add them to butter/sugar mixture alternately with milk.
- Stir in almond extract, then gently fold in almonds and cherries.
- Spoon muffin batter into 12 greased muffin cups; cups will be quite full.
- Sprinkle each muffin with a little granulated sugar, and bake in a preheated 375°F oven for
3025 minutes, or until muffins test done.