Notes : Je ne mets pas de beef shank.
Je mets 1 rack de côtes levées de porc et 6 hauts de cuisse de poulet et 2 cannes de tomates et 1 tasse d’eau.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (1 inch thick) slice beef shank
- 2 pounds pork spareribs
- 2 bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 cloves garlic
- 3 (28 ounce) cans crushed Italian (plum) tomatoes (such as San Marzano)
- 2 cups water, divided
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf (Italian) parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil in the bottom of a large roasting pan. Place beef, pork, and chicken in pan and turn to coat with olive oil.
- Roast in the preheated oven until meat is well browned, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook and stir onion with a pinch of salt in hot oil until onion is soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Pour crushed tomatoes, 1 1/2 cups water, and tomato paste into onion mixture.
- Add roasted beef, pork, and chicken to tomato sauce mixture.
- Pour remaining 1/2 cup water into the roasting pan, and bring to a boil while scraping the browned bits of food off of the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Pour roasting pan water mixture into tomato mixture.
- Stir Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, Italian parsley, 2 teaspoons salt, ground black pepper, and red pepper flakes into tomato sauce; bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low, and simmer gently until sauce reduces and meat is tender, about 4 hours. Transfer meat to a dish. Adjust sauce seasonings to taste.