Source : https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/280637/all-american-barbecue-sauce/
- 2 cups ketchup
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- ⅓ cup dark molasses
- ½ cup white distilled vinegar
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne powder, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- Combine ketchup, brown sugar, molasses, vinegar, paprika, chili powder, cayenne, black pepper, allspice, coriander, and cumin in a mixing bowl and whisk thoroughly.
- Chef’s Notes:
Sauce does not need to be cooked if it’s going to be used as a glaze for things like barbecued ribs and grilled chicken, but if it’s going to be used as a condiment, then bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Turn off heat and allow to cool before storing in the fridge.