Source : https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/282210/red-curry-chicken-and-pumpkin-soup/
Note : J’utilise de la courge butternut.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium red onion, diced, divided
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth, or to taste, divided
- 1 (13 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk (not low-fat)
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste, or more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 (2 pound) kabocha squash
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 2 medium green onions, thinly sliced, or more to taste
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro, or more to taste
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil, or more to taste
- 2 small serrano peppers, thinly sliced
- 3 medium limes, halved
- Heat vegetable oil in a soup pot over high heat. Add chicken to hot oil; cook, stirring occasionally until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in 1/2 of the red onion and brown sugar. Cook until onions have softened and sugar starts to caramelize on the bottom of the pan, about 3 minutes. Stir in black pepper, cumin, and 1 teaspoon kosher salt. Toss in ginger and garlic; stir until sizzling, about 1 minute.
- Add 4 cups chicken broth and stir to deglaze the bottom of the pot. Bring to a boil. Add coconut milk and curry paste. Add cayenne pepper and bay leaf. Stir in fish sauce. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.
- Carefully cut squash with a large knife on a cutting board. Remove seeds and peel and discard skin. Cut flesh into bite-sized pieces. You should have about 1 1/2 pounds squash.
- Add squash to soup and salt to taste. Add remaining chicken broth to cover squash. Simmer over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until pumpkin is just barely tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in remaining red onion, bell pepper, and green onions; cook for 2 minutes. Turn off the heat, and stir in 1/2 cup cilantro and 1/4 cup basil. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with more cilantro, basil, green onions, and serrano chiles. Squeeze lime juice into each bowl.