Source : https://www.recipetineats.com/rogan-josh/
Note : Servir avec du riz basmati, pain naan, salade de concombres aux herbes.
Je fais revenir les cubes d’agneau d’abord.
Je fais cuire au four à 325 F pendant 1h45-2h.
- 3.5 tbsp ghee , substitute butter
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 green cardamom pods , lightly bruised
- 4 cloves
- 1 large onion , finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic , finely minced
- 1 tbsp ginger , finely grated
- 5 tbsp tomato passata (US: tomato puree/sauce)
- 1 tsp salt
- 750g/1.5lb boneless lamb shoulder , cut into 3cm/1.2″ cube
- 1.5 cups / 375ml chicken stock , salt reduced (broth)
- 2 tbsp paprika , normal or sweet
- 3/4 tsp chilli powder
- 4 tsp ground coriander
- 4 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp garam marsala
- 1/2 tsp fennel powder
- 1/2 tsp extra garam masala
- 1/2 tsp extra fennel powder
- 1/2 cup / 125g plain yoghurt (Greek yogurt fine)
- Chopped coriander leaves, finely shredded ginger, yogurt
- Basmati rice
- Melt ghee over medium heat in large heavy based pot. Add cinnamon, cardamom and cloves and cook for one minute.
- Add onion and cook for 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until pieces are golden and starting the brown on the edges.
- Add the garlic and ginger, cook for another minute.
- Stir in the Spices, cook for 30 seconds.
- Mix in the tomato puree and salt, then add stock and mix.
- Add lamb, stir, bring to simmer.
- Place lid on and adjust heat to low or medium low so it’s simmering gently.
- Cook 1 hour 45 minutes, giving it an occasional stir, until lamb is quite tender – use 2 forks to check, it should pry apart pretty easily.
- Remove lid, and continue cooking for another 15 minutes (to reduce sauce slightly) – lamb should be very tender by this stage.
- Stir in the Yogurt, the Extra garam marsala and fennel. Cook for another few minutes.
- Serve with basmati rice, sprinkled with fresh coriander leaves and other garnishes if desired.