Source : http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/classic-buttermilk-waffles-recipe
Note : Je remplace 1/4 tasse de farine par de la semoule de maïs.
Pour un adulte et 2 enfants, nous faisons une demi-recette, car les gauffres sont meilleures fraîchement cuites.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups Round Table Unbleached Pastry OR 1 3/4 1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour + 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar (leave this out if you want savory waffles, such as the type you’d use as a base for creamed chipped beef or fried chicken)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup pecan meal or almond flour (optional)
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, buttermilk, melted butter
or margarine and vanilla.
- In another bowl whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients just until almost smooth.
- Spray your waffle iron with a non-stick cooking spray before preheating it (ou de l’huile d’arachides sur un papier essuie-tout).
- For an 8-inch round waffle iron, use about 1/3 cup batter.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until the iron stops steaming.
Source: foodnetwork.ca: Christine Cushing Live: Lemon Waffles
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, sifted (425 ml)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (10 ml)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda (2 ml)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (1 ml)
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 3/4 cups 2 % milk, at room temperature (425 ml)
- 1/4 cup melted butter (60 ml)
- 3 eggs, separated, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar (30 ml)
- 2 cups wild blueberries (fresh or frozen) (500 ml)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (75 ml)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (15 ml)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh purple basil, optional (15 ml)
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a bowl. Stir in the lemon zest. In another bowl, whisk together the milk, melted butter and the egg yolks until smooth. Make a well in the dry ingredients and gradually stir in the wet until just combined. Do not continue to stir. Cover with plastic wrap. Let stand covered, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- In a clean, dry bowl whisk the egg whites until fluffy. Gradually add the icing sugar while continuing to beat until whites hold soft peaks. Fold gently into batter.
- Ladle batter into prepared waffle iron and cook according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Combine blueberries, maple syrup and lemon juice in a medium saucepan and cook gently over low heat, mashing blueberries slightly, until reduced and slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Stir in basil. Serve warm over waffles.